Oatmeal Chip Cookie Mix Recipe
I like to give a jar of this oatmeal cookie mix, along with a cookie sheet, for a bridal shower or housewarming gift. —Joan Airey, Rivers, Manitoba
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place oats in a food processor; cover and pulse until fine; set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the oats, flour mixture, chips, almonds, coconut, brown sugar and sugar, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- 3. To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cookie mix and mix well (mixture will be dry). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 260 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC