- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place oats in a food processor; cover and pulse until fine; set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the oats, flour mixture, chips, almonds, coconut, brown sugar and sugar, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cookie mix and mix well (mixture will be dry). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chip Cookie Mix
Sort By :
"I just made this recipe for a HOA BBQ today and everyone loved them. I'm glad I cut the Chocolate chips to 1/2 a cup."
"It doesn't say that you have to wait 6 months. It says that the mix will keep for 6 months."
"Is there any way to make this recipe without having to wait 6 months? My aunt had an oatmeal cookie recipe that involved mixing some of the ingredients and waiting about 6 hours for it to soften. Why does this recipe indicate that you must wait for 6 months?"