- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine oats, raisins and milk; stir well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Combine carrot, sugars, oil, egg whites and orange peel; stir into oat mixture. Combine dry ingredients; stir into the batter just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews for Oatmeal Carrot Muffins
Sort By :
"I omitted the raisins and used Truvia/sugar blend to reduce the sugar, used whole eggs because I'm lazy, and used 2% milk because that's what I had on hand. I added chopped walnuts to increase the protein and fiber. The carrot was from my garden--super sweet. Made 6 muffin tops, 12 mini-muffins, and a small loaf cake. Excellent! It will be very difficult to ration them out over a few days..."
"These turned out great! I used only whole wheat flour and decreased the white sugar (I do this to all of my recipes) and added a hint of vanilla and cinnamon. I also used quick oats because that's what I had on hand. I will definitely make these again!They make great mini-muffins! Bake for about 10 minutes."
"I didn't have time to let the oatmeal, milk and raisins soak for 2 hours. I soaked the mixture for about a half an hour, I added 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice to the batter and used only whole wheat flour. I also reduced the baking powder to 1-1/2 tsp. as I have never used a tablespoon of baking powder in a muffin recipe. After all the "tinkering" they came out tender and tasty. I will make them again with the changes."
"I like to make muffins for my co-workers when they do a good job. These are my assistants favorite. They're great for breakfast. Not too sweet, just right."