Oatmeal Buttermilk Waffles Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Peanut butter and/or applesauce, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs and butter; stir into the dry ingredients until smooth. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with peanut butter and/or apple sauce if desired. Yield: 6-8 waffles (6-1/2 inches).
Reviews for Oatmeal Buttermilk Waffles(3)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe since it first came out in the June 1997 magazine. Healthy! Whenever my homemade kefir gets ahead of me, I use it in place of the buttermilk.
better if use 1/2 white all purpose flour and 1/2 whole wheat flour and separate the eggs and whisk egg whites until soft peaks and mix it into the batter last. Then it's yummy!!
too thin! I added another cup of white flour. The taste and texture were all right. I served them with a custard sauce and fruit.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >