Oatmeal Brulee with Ginger Cream Recipe
- GINGER CREAM:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 slices fresh gingerroot (about 3/4-inch diameter)
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, ginger, cinnamon stick and orange peel; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; strain and discard solids. Stir in syrup and nutmeg.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in the oats, apricots, cherries and salt. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in brown sugar and 1/4 cup ginger cream. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Grease four 10-oz. broiler-safe ramekins with butter; place on a baking sheet. Divide raspberries among ramekins. Spoon oatmeal over raspberries; sprinkle evenly with sugar. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Serve with remaining ginger cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Oatmeal Brulee with Ginger Cream(8)
Sort By :
I made this recipe for Christmas last year and plan to make it again this year. It was absolutely delicious and I don't even like oatmeal! I prepared the oatmeal the night before except for broiling. In the morning, I warmed the oatmeal and then proceeded to the broiling step.
This is definitely a recipe worth keeping!
I have made this recipe several times. It's a great way to liven up plain old oatmeal. So delicious!
I have made this recipe for the last 3 years on Christmas morning and my family looks forward to it every year. I make 80% of this recipe the day before, too, so Christmas morning assembly takes almost no time.
Awesome. Very tasty! My guests all loved it, even the folks who don't like oatmeal. Make extra, it reheats well.
Just made it for breakfast this a.m. and it made a hit with all of us. I did take some liberty with the directions. I cut out ginger cream and added orange peel, cinnamon, nutmeg, and part of the butter to the cooking oatmeal. I added 1/4 cup half and half to the cooked oatmeal before putting in the ramekins and kept some half and half out for self serve when eating. It was still delicious and much quicker by taking out the first step. I'd give it 5 stars with either method!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Hot Cereal Recipes >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >