Oatmeal Brownies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup M&M's minis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, M&M's, flour, sugar, walnuts, baking soda and butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Pat the remaining mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Brownies(9)
Sort By :
What a phenomenal way to kick up an average box of brownies! These were a hit. I just used chocolate chips, too.
These were great. I used chocolate chips and made in a 13"x9"pan. I baked them about 10 or 15 min. longer and they were moist and tender.
does this recipe really make a 15x10 pan? I tried and there wasn't enough dough to go in the bottom of the pan. What did I do wrong?
I have made this recipe 4 times, varying it each time w/ what I had on hand--everytime it was a HUGE hit at work. Found the min m n ms in candy aisle at Walmart (two cups per bag @ $2.50 bag) after using small containers from candy aisle first time. Substituted cinnamon chips for a Mexican brownie one time and did mini chips/coconut (instead of walnuts) another time. ALL recipes were HUGE hits at work. My husband made a template on parchment paper so I can cut this into 60 equal peices--once I cut them into 120 peices to "go further" for larger crowd. This will be a keeper in my recipe file.
LOVE these brownies!! I found the M&M's Minis in the candy isle, not the baking isle (for those who couldn't find them).
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Bars >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >