Oatmeal Brownies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup M&M's minis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, M&M's, flour, sugar, walnuts, baking soda and butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Pat the remaining mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Brownies
Sort By :
"This is a big hit at our local volunteer fire department! After the first batch, it was immediately requested again. Now, I make two batches. However, I make two trays of brownies and only use one batch of oat topping and sprinkle over the top of the two trays. Elimating the bottom layer. Quick, easy and upgrades brownies to a new level of crunch. It is a winner!"
"I made these for company and everyone loved them."
"I liked the ease of the recipe by using a boxed brownie mix. Next time I think I will try putting all the oat mixture on the bottom- as I would have liked that layer thicker."
"Delicious and easy! I used dark chocolate M&M's and did not add nuts as these were for a church dinner. Will make them again."
"These were real easy to make . Everyone from 7 yrs old kids to my 93 yr old father in law loved them"