Oatmeal Brownies Recipe
The recipe makes the most of a handy packaged brownie mix, so they're fast to fix. If you don't have the mini M&Ms, use chocolate chips instead. Our kids love these rich fudgy squares with a scoop of ice cream.—Jennifer Trenhaile, Emerson, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:60 servings
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup M&M's minis
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, M&M's, flour, sugar, walnuts, baking soda and butter. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Pat the remaining mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved oat mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC