Oatmeal Breakfast Treats
"These wholesome, economical treats are great for a meal on the go," assures Angie Provence of Fayetteville, Georgia.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Combine
- oats, flours and salt; add to brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until
- set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 247 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.