Oatmeal Breakfast Treats Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Combine oats, flours and salt; add to brown sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and walnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 247 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Oatmeal Breakfast Treats
"I've adapted this recipe and added 1/4 c white sugar and changed the flour ratios to 1/4 cup wheat, 3/4 cup all purpose. A little less healthy, but a great improvement in taste. I've also made this recipe with craisins and pecans, mini chocolate chips, and dried blueberries. My kids have been eating these for breakfast for years and love them. They come together quickly and make the kitchen smell amazing. :)"