This bread has a lightly sweet flavor with good texture and crust.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 105 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.