- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in bananas, oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Immediately remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Sort By :
"easy to make...taste nice and moist..."
"I cooked at a higher temp (450) for a shorter time (9 mins) and substituted ginger(which I had) for the cloves(which I did not have). The cookies were moist and delicious :)"
"These are great flavored cookies but they were a little dry. I used a cup of butter instead of the butter-flavored shortening and I used a cup of chopped walnuts instead of the chocolate chips. I even used a quarter cup of whipping cream but they were still a little dry. I will make them again and experiment to get a more moist cookie."
"Great quick cookie! Absolutely adorable...."
"I adjusted this one to accommodate the ingredients I had on hand. Instead of a full cup of butter flavored Crisco, I used 1/2 cup each of regular Crisco and butter. Instead of chocolate chips, white chocolate chips went into the batter. Next time, I'll add some walnuts or pecans."