Oatmeal Banana Cookies
My mother and I made these cookies quite often when I was a young girl. When I married, she passed on this recipe to me.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon
- and cloves; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in bananas,
- oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 375° for 10-12 minutes. Immediately remove cookies to wire racks
- to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 224 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.