My mother and I made these cookies quite often when I was a young girl. When I married, she passed on this recipe to me.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in bananas, oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Immediately remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Oatmeal Cookies in Country February/March 1993, p49
Reviews for Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review