Oatmeal Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine oats, paprika, chili powder, salt if desired, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with skim milk and margarine and without added salt) equals 316 calories, 146 mg sodium, 62 mg cholesterol, 24 g carbohydrate, 28 g protein, 12 g fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Oatmeal Baked Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.