Oatmeal Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine oats, paprika, chili powder, salt if desired, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
14 ounce-weight: 316 calories, 12g fat (0g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Oatmeal Baked Chicken
"I was looking for a baked " fried " chicken recipe when I found this one. I never thought of coating chicken with oatmeal and since I was looking for a healthy version of fried this certainly fit . I was surprised at how tasty it was! The seasoning blend and the oatmeal gave it a crispy deliciously different taste that we loved"
"the oatmeal turned out chunky on my chicken. Looked ugly but tasted all right. A little bland"
"My husband loved the spicy hint to this chicken and I loved the extra fiber from the oatmeal coating!"
"This was ok. It was a nice alternative to cornflake breading, because I rarely have cornflakes in the house. I think I would add more seasoning next time."
"I'm trying this right now. A real Quick good meal for tomorrows lunches and for the rest of the day. Yummy!!!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.