Oatmeal Baked Chicken
This recipe proves you can have fried chicken without a lot of fuss. The chili powder and cumin add a subtle spiciness that appeals to everyone.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a
- shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine oats, paprika,
- chili powder, salt if desired, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Dip
- chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared
- baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for
- 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with skim milk and margarine and without added salt) equals 316 calories, 146 mg sodium, 62 mg cholesterol, 24 g carbohydrate, 28 g protein, 12 g fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a