This recipe proves you can have fried chicken without a lot of fuss. The chili powder and cumin add a subtle spiciness that appeals to everyone.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine oats, paprika, chili powder, salt if desired, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oatmeal Baked Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Oatmeal Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review