Oatmeal Apricot Squares Recipe
Easy to prepare and designed to make a small amount, these squares are a marvelous blend of flavors. It's a dessert that can be stirred up in no time to satisfy a sweet tooth...warm from the oven or as a treat later. -Veronica Roza, Bayport, New York
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread with preserves. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture; gently press down.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Oatmeal Apricot Squares in Reminisce Extra December 2000, p53
Reviews for Oatmeal Apricot Squares(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2012
I had to use almost a whole jar of apricot preserves. 3/4 cup was not enough to cover the 8 x 8 pan. It wasn't very tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >