"These family favorites have more fiber and less fat than standard waffles," shares Karen Hayes from Danville, Virginia. "My 2 year-old daughter loves them with fresh berries."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the
- eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls into a preheated waffle iron; bake
- according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- Yield: 8 waffles (about 6-1/2 inches).
Nutritional Facts: One waffle equals 178 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.