Oat-Topped Rhubarb Pie Recipe
"For many years we had a bountiful rhubarb crop, and this pie was one way I could get my three sons to eat it," recalls Marion Lipinsky of Winnipeg, Manitoba. "We look forward to this tasty springtime treat."
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen chopped rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Flute edges; set aside. In a bowl, toss brown sugar, water, tapioca and rhubarb; let stand for 15 minutes. Pour into crust. For topping, combine oats and brown sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 2. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until browned and bubbly. Cool for 3 hours before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 451 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Oat-Topped Rhubarb Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC