Oat-Topped Raspberry Muffins Recipe
These muffins are my family's favorite and can be made with blueberries as well. Serve them for breakfast with jam or for dessert with ice cream.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and lemon peel; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt and milk. Gently fold in raspberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC