These muffins are my family's favorite and can be made with blueberries as well. Serve them for breakfast with jam or for dessert with ice cream.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and lemon peel; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt and milk. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p214
Reviews for Oat-Topped Raspberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review