Oat-Topped Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and lemon peel; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt and milk. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Oat-Topped Raspberry Muffins(4)
Sort By :
Wanted to add that since we are diabetic, I didn't use the topping, still the best!
I actually made this recipe as a "thank you" for two people who helped me when we were evacuated from our home because of a gas leak. That was two years ago. Our neighbor is still talking about them! They are the best!
These muffins do not even get a chance to cool down! Moist and the lemon yogurt makes them have that great "different" taste.
These were so good! I took them to my writers' critique group meeting and we gobbled them up. I think I might try them with blackberries next time. Thank you for sharing!