Oat Snack Mix Recipe
"Kids of all ages seem to enjoy the creative combination of ingredients in this not-so-sweet mix," says Patti Brandt of Reedsburg, Wisconsin. "My three children would rather munch on this snack than on candy."
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups square oat cereal
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 625 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Oat Snack Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC