Oat Snack Mix Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups square oat cereal
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6 cups.
1 cup: 625 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Oat Snack Mix
"I have made this SO many times & always get asked for the recipe! I usually make a double or triple batch... I substitute yogurt covered raisins for the chocolate chips & use half square oat cereal & half Life cereal"
"It may taste good, but healthy...???"
"Yummy! I brought this to a party & everyone loved it! I would make it again for sure :)"