Oat Snack Mix
"Kids of all ages seem to enjoy the creative combination of ingredients in this not-so-sweet mix," says Patti Brandt of Reedsburg, Wisconsin. "My three children would rather munch on this snack than on candy."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups square oat cereal
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook until
- butter is melted and sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with
- butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and
- chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- about 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 625 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium,