- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups square oat cereal
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 275° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6 cups.
Reviews for Oat Snack Mix
Sort By :
I have made this SO many times & always get asked for the recipe! I usually make a double or triple batch... I substitute yogurt covered raisins for the chocolate chips & use half square oat cereal & half Life cereal
It may taste good, but healthy...???
Yummy! I brought this to a party & everyone loved it! I would make it again for sure :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Snack Mix >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Super Bowl Snacks >