- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24
- pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place in greased muffin cups. Cover
- and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine oats and salt. Brush egg white over rolls.
- Sprinkle with oat mixture. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or
- until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to
- wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.