Oat Raisin Cookies Recipe
These sweet cinnamon-flavored cookies from Nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma are chock-full of oats. Tuck a few extras into your lunch bag because you’re sure to want them as an afternoon snack, too.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar blend
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar blend for 2 minutes on medium speed. Beat in eggs. Add applesauce, molasses and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in raisins.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 188 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Oat Raisin Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC