Oat-rageous Cookies Recipe
I simply love oatmeal cookies. I've added a variety of different goodies to the batter and think this combination is by far the best. It's especially tasty in autumn.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 171 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Oat-rageous Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC