Oat Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, milk, oil and lemon juice; add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Oat Pancakes(8)
Sort By :
We LOVE these pancakes. I add cinnamon and serve with agave syrup.
I didn't expect these pancakes to be as nice and fluffy as they were. We topped them with bananas foster. Very good!
This tasted a bit too much like oatmeal for me, it was very flat. I did not have lemon juice on hand, so I substituted with some lemon extract, which may have been the problem. I will make this recipe again, but with a few tweaks.
I used leftover oatmeal from yesterdays breakfast(about one cup} (I intentionally make too much) add an egg, flour, enough milk to thin and fry in oil. These are so light. Serve with hot brown sugar syrup.
I makes these often - hearty and healthy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >