- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In bread machine pan, place the milk, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla, brown sugar, salt, flours and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add oats and nuts. Brush baked loaf with remaining butter. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Oat Nut Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p55
Reviews for Oat Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
Love this recipe!! I made it with chopped toasted almonds instead of walnuts because that is all I had. This bread freezes well too!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Machine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >