- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
"I only used half bag of choc. chips then added walnuts and craisins and my 4 teenagers loved them!!! This is a keeper!!"
"Delicious and chewy! Made exactly as recipe."
"Made this and then tweeked it with craisins instead of choc. chips, also raisinetts with pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon. I put cinnamon in mine... 1 tsp. Make a batch bring to work, They love them!"
"These cookies are delicious. I was just looking for a chocolate chip recipe, so I didn't even use the oats. I also added a little more flour. Overall very simple and everyone loves them!"
"These cookies the best!!! I have made many different types of cookies and this recipe is my favorite. I changed the sugars and used Coconut Crystals and also used whole wheat flour instead and it turned out great!!Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"By far the BEST choc chip cookie I have every made. Nice and thick and just very very good. I used all brown sugar instead of some white sugar. I will be keeping that recipe!"
"I'm making these now, and added cinnamon...we'll see how it goes. Good flavor with the Cinnamon, a Very crispy cookie."
"Been making these for years and they are wonderful - freeze well too. Because my husband is not too keen on chocolate, I quite often use raisins that I've boiled in water for 1 minute and then drain. Makes the raisins softer. Great recipe!"
"Sounds so good. Could I use instant oats? How about cranraisins? Love your recipes."