Oat-Bran Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
While dabbing in the kitchen one day, my husband, Dale, came up with these hearty cookies. I begged him to make them again, but he hadn't written down the recipe. Ten batches later, he finally recaptured the wonderful flavor.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups All-Bran cereal
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 187 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC