Oat Blueberry Waffles Recipe
"My husband craves waffles for breakfast on weekends," relates Nancy Zimmerman from Cape May Court House, New Jersey. "This hearty berry version is one of his favorites. It's one of mine, too, since it starts with convenient buttermilk pancake mix."
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, oats and sugar. Whisk the milk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in berries.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's direction. Yield: 6-8 waffles.
Originally published as Blueberry Oat Waffles in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p34
Reviews for Oat Blueberry Waffles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2012
Tasty recipe. Since there are only two of us, I froze remaining waffles and toast them when we want a quick breakfast. I use the pancake mix for another TOH recipe called "Kids Favorite Blueberry Muffins" which is also a favorite and easy recipe.