Oat Berry Squares Recipe
In her Clover, South Carolina kitchen, Jennifer Robinson flavors these popular snack bars with spreadable fruit and a crumb topping. "I found the original recipe in an old children's book, but I pared down the sugar and added more fruit for sweetness. I'm alway asked for the recipe." she relates.
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (10 ounces) 100% cherry, strawberry spreadable fruit or raspberry spreadable fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt; stir in butter until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup for topping. Pat remaining oat mixture into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes. Spread with fruit spread. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Oat Berry Squares in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p45
Reviews for Oat Berry Squares(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review