- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place apples in a greased 2-1/2 qt. shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with water. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, butter, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Oat Apple Crisp
Sort By :
Amazing and delicious! I just used 2-3 TBS of sugar If you love apple crisp this desserts for you
Oh this is so good! Makes enough for 10 people to have a generous serving. The only thing I would change is to add more butter to the topping so it isn't quite so dry. Everyone loved it!!
very good. everyone liked it.
Yum! I only used 1/2 cup of sugar and that was sweet enough. It makes a large amount and is very, very good. I served with cinnamon ice cream. Yum!
This is a great recipe..very simple, foolproof and delicious..i used 1/2 cup of sugar and will use even less next time..with 18 grams of sugar in the cake mix the apple flavor can be over powered with sweetness.. I'm thinking 2-3 T will be enough to enjoy the taste of the apples.