- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place apples in a greased 2-1/2 qt. shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over apples. Drizzle with water. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats, butter, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Oat Apple Crisp
Sort By :
"Delicious! Listened to other reviewers and cut the white sugar down to 2.5 Tablespoons...it was plenty sweet enough! I was out of "real" butter and had to use Country Crock...turned out fine. Put little pats of butter on the crust top to moisten the crunch some (like you would on a dump cake). I used a 9 X13 pan to make it in and this was easily 10 servings. Will be making it for Thanksgiving dinner this year for my guests!"
"My family just loves this apple crisp. We make it when we go camping (in cabins)"
"Amazing and delicious! I just used 2-3 TBS of sugar If you love apple crisp this desserts for you"
"Oh this is so good! Makes enough for 10 people to have a generous serving. The only thing I would change is to add more butter to the topping so it isn't quite so dry. Everyone loved it!!"
"very good. everyone liked it."