Oat and Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Looking for a tasty option to cereal or toast for breakfast? Try these tender muffins. "They're so full of blueberry and oat flavor that no one ever believes they are low in fat," reports Mildred Mummau from Mt. Joy, Pennsylvania.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg whites, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups or muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
One muffin equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC