- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg whites, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups or muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Oat and Blueberry Muffins
"Whole wheat flour works great! These are delicious!"
"They were good but not outstanding. Very dense and kind of dry. More of traditional shortcake texture then a muffin texture. But for a less fat/less sugar recipe it's not bad."
"great tasting enjoyed by all"
"If you are looking for a good lower-sugar muffin this is it. I made first like the recipe except i used whole eggs and they were good. Next time, I omitted the water & blueberries, used one whole egg, and added 2 mashed bananas and 1/2 t vanilla. This is now my go-to banana oatmeal muffin recipe! I do use White Lily flour, which always bakes up more soft and moist than other flours."
"This is a very heavy muffin. They are tasty but not a light snack. I used milk instead of water and they tasted good. I got about 16 muffins out of the recipe."