Oat and Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg whites, water and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups or muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Oat and Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
"Whole wheat flour works great! These are delicious!"
"They were good but not outstanding. Very dense and kind of dry. More of traditional shortcake texture then a muffin texture. But for a less fat/less sugar recipe it's not bad."
"great tasting enjoyed by all"
"If you are looking for a good lower-sugar muffin this is it. I made first like the recipe except i used whole eggs and they were good. Next time, I omitted the water & blueberries, used one whole egg, and added 2 mashed bananas and 1/2 t vanilla. This is now my go-to banana oatmeal muffin recipe! I do use White Lily flour, which always bakes up more soft and moist than other flours."
"This is a very heavy muffin. They are tasty but not a light snack. I used milk instead of water and they tasted good. I got about 16 muffins out of the recipe."