Oat 'n' Rye Bread Dressing Recipe
- 3 cups cubed day-old oatmeal bread
- 3 cups cubed day-old rye bread
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, spinach, green pepper, cranberries, onion and sage. Stir in broth and eggs until well combined. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe make enough to stuff a 6-pound roasting chicken. It can easily doubled for a 12-pound turkey.
1-1/2 cups: 195 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.