Oat 'n' Rye Bread Dressing
Two kinds of bread, spinach, green pepper and cranberries make this an outstanding dressing for special occasions. The flavor of sage really shines through. Judith Toubes, Tamarac, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 3 cups cubed day-old oatmeal bread
- 3 cups cubed day-old rye bread
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, spinach, green pepper,
- cranberries, onion and sage. Stir in broth and eggs until well
- combined. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until
- lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe make enough to stuff a 6-pound roasting chicken. It can easily doubled for a 12-pound turkey.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 195 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.