Two kinds of bread, spinach, green pepper and cranberries make this an outstanding dressing for special occasions. The flavor of sage really shines through. —Judith Toubes, Tamarac, Florida
- 3 cups cubed day-old oatmeal bread
- 3 cups cubed day-old rye bread
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, spinach, green pepper, cranberries, onion and sage. Stir in broth and eggs until well combined. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Oat N Rye Bread Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p134
Reviews for Oat 'n' Rye Bread Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review