Oat 'n' Nut Griddle Cakes Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the egg, milk, oil and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in oats and pecans.
- 2. Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 12 griddle cakes.
2 griddle cakes equals 248 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Reviews for Oat 'n' Nut Griddle Cakes
"These were thick, crunchy, sweet, delicious pancakes. We loved them! I used chopped slivered almonds (that's what I had on hand). They were really good!"