O'Larry's Skillet Potatoes Recipe
My husband, Larry, uses all fresh ingredients when he prepares his famous O’Larry’s Skillet Potatoes. These zippy potatoes have colorful bits of red pepper.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the potatoes, onion, red pepper, jerk seasoning and salt in oil until potatoes are golden brown and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC