My husband, Larry, uses all fresh ingredients when he prepares his famous O’Larry’s Skillet Potatoes. These zippy potatoes have colorful bits of red pepper.
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes, onion, red pepper, jerk seasoning and salt in oil until potatoes are golden brown and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as O'Larry's Skillet Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p13
Reviews for O'Larry's Skillet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review