- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for O'Hara's Tartar Sauce
"Way too sweet. Sweet pickle relish is not the thing to use."
"this is really good. i didn't have dry mustard or add salt or pepper to it. It is really good."
"This is a very good tartar sauce. I first made it when I discovered I was out of store-bought but didn't want to make a special trip to the store. I may never buy store bought again."