O'Brien Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, prepare potatoes according to package directions, using 1/4 cup oil. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, apples and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. Spoon sausage mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 377 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for O'Brien Sausage Skillet
"My husband and daughter didn't like the apple in the dish but liked it otherwise. Quite a feat considering that my husband doesn't like potatoes. It came together quickly and I would do this again, maybe switching to a less tart apple."
"My husband loved it. He referred to this dish as "guy food". Instead of frozen potatoes I used fresh. I also used an organic pork apple sausage instead of the polish/kielbasa that the recipe called for."