O'Brien Sausage Skillet Recipe
1 serving: 377 calories, 21g fat (6g sat. fat), 61mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, prepare potatoes according to package directions, using 1/4 cup oil. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, apples and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. Spoon sausage mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for O'Brien Sausage Skillet
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"My husband loved it. He referred to this dish as "guy food". Instead of frozen potatoes I used fresh. I also used an organic pork apple sausage instead of the polish/kielbasa that the recipe called for."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC