O'Brien Sausage Skillet
This was created one night when I had little time to cook. It's so quick and satisfying, that many of my friends have adopted the recipe themselves.—Linda Harris, Wichita, Kansas
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute the sausage, apples and onion in oil for 10
- minutes or until apples and onion are tender; drain.
- Spoon the sausage mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Cover
- and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 339 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.