O'Brien Kielbasa Skillet
"When serving this, be prepared to dish out second helpings-and even thirds!" says Sher Koczko of Winchester, California. Her combination of hash browns and sausage complements many menus.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown sausage; remove with a slotted spoon and
- set aside. Add potatoes and oil to drippings. Cover and cook over
- medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with
- pepper. Return sausage to the pan; cover and cook until heated
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with smoked turkey sausage) equals 261 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.