Nutty Wild Rice Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the water, rice and soy sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Drain rice if necessary. Stir in onion mixture. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 236 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Wild Rice
"This was quite good. I did use pecans in place of almonds, but that was the only change I made. will make again in the future."
"This was delicious and much healthier than the boxed rice pilaf I usually make. Will definitely be added to my recipe collection."
"Delicious and easy."