Nutty Wild Rice Recipe
You'll go nuts for this wild side dish and its hearty crunch. Served warm, this rice packs a zesty bite. Heather Webb, Channelview, Texas
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and soy sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Drain rice if necessary. Stir in onion mixture. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 236 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC