- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice and soy sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Remove from the heat.
- Drain rice if necessary. Stir in onion mixture. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Wild Rice in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p31
Reviews for Nutty Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 26, 2014
"This was delicious and much healthier than the boxed rice pilaf I usually make. Will definitely be added to my recipe collection."
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2011
"Delicious and easy."
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2009