- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, bouillon, salt and pepper to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, carrot, parsley and onion. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender and vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Vegetable Rice in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p45
Reviews for Nutty Vegetable Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review