From Center, Colorado, Nancy Schmidt shares a flavorful way to dress up quick-cooking turkey breast slices. "You can really taste the walnuts in the crunchy golden coating," she assures.
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the walnuts, cheese, Italian seasoning and paprika. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown turkey in batches in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch, broth and lemon juice until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Stir to loosen browned bits and bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 3-6 servings.
Originally published as Nutty Turkey Slices in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p18
Reviews for Nutty Turkey Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review