Nutty Toffee Popcorn Recipe
"I use holiday tins to deliver this sweetly coated popcorn-nut crunch to family and friends on my Christmas list," notes Glenna Hale of Sceptre, Saskatchewan.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and cream of tartar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300°-310° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; quickly stir in baking soda and extract until mixture is light and foamy. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; toss gently. Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Press gently to flatten. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 666 calories, 45 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Nutty Toffee Popcorn
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC