- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and cream of tartar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook, without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300°-310° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; quickly stir in baking soda and extract until mixture is light and foamy. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; toss gently. Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Press gently to flatten. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Nutty Toffee Popcorn in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p66
Reviews for Nutty Toffee Popcorn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2007
"really delicious...i am always asked for the recipe by numerous people."